- The Ambassador of Japan to Serbia Takahiko Katsumata and the President of the Association of Disabled Workers of Niš Miloš Stojković signed an agreement on the donation of transport vehicle –a van in the amount of €27,000. The project was supported by the City of Niš and the signing of the contract at the Embassy of Japan in Belgrade was attended by the Deputy Mayor Dušica Davidović. The vehicle, which is adapted for transport of people with disabilities, will be used by people with disabilities from the rural area of Niš and the elderly with limited mobility.
- Days of Japan in Nis were organized in cooperation with the Embassy of Japan in Belgrade, Nis University Library, University and SKC, Go clubs Student and ProGo, Aikido and Kendo clubs from Nis, origami masters, the experts in the Japanese language and manga artists.
- The Fragrance of Japan Event was held at the Faculty of Arts where the renowned Japanese artist Kihachiro Nishiura demonstrated ikebana techniques, calligraphy and fragrance ceremonies.
- The mammogram, with a total value of € 70,000, was donated to Nis Health Care Center, as part of a grant from the Government of Japan under the project dedicated to “improving breast cancer screening and prevention in Serbia”.
- Within the Days of Japan in Nis the exhibition of Japanese dolls and graphics was set up at the Synagogue Gallery and children’s workshops of Japanese “Origami” paper-making techniques were organized in primary school Bubanjski Heroji I Sreten Mladenovic Mika. The concert by the Japanese band “Variki” was held at the National Theater. The Days of Japan in Nis were organized by the Japanese Embassy in Serbia in cooperation with the Society of Friends Serbia – Japan from Nis and the National Museum.
2006 – 2007
- Within the project – Social housing for war invalids and families of fallen war veterans since 1991 – 24 flats were built in the Pantelej city municipality with the financial support of the Government of Japan, which donated € 1.2 million.
- $ 2.5 million worth of medical equipment was donated to Nis Clinical Center from the Government of Japan. The donation consists of 4 x-ray machines, 4 anesthesia machines and other equipment.