- The delegation of the Parliament of the Republic of Slovenia visited Nis, where it met with Nis City Mayor Darko Bulatovic. In a cordial and friendly conversation they exchanged views on the promotion of cooperation between the City of Nis and this former Yugoslav Republic.
- The representatives of Nis City Department for Agriculture and Rural Development, the Agricultural Expert Service, the Institute of Viticulture and Enology, the Regional Development Agencies South, CM Pantelej as well as the members of the agricultural association, visited related institutions in Slovenia. The aim of this study tour was to get acquainted with the good practice of Slovenia in agricultural development, in the context of EU development policy, regional development and cross-sectoral integration.
- Nis City Mayor Milos Simonovic and the representatives of public companies visited Ljubljana to get acquainted with the way public companies of the Slovenian capital worked and to discuss the development projects implemented by the City of Ljubljana. Mayor Simonovic met with Ljubljana Mayor Zoran Jankovic to discuss the role of the city in the preparation and implementation of development projects.
- The delegation of the City of Nis attended the presentation of public utility companies from Ljubljana dealing with waste treatment, water supply and sewerage, as well as the district heating system. This visit was of great importance for the City of Nis, as our delegation learned about how public companies could compete for the use of EU funds.
- The delegation of the Nis City Assembly participated in the symposium held in Bled entitled “Serbia on the Road to the EU – Good Practices of Slovenia”. The aim of the Bled Counseling was to offer the state administration and local self-government in the Republic of Serbia modern solutions for issuing various acts of local self-government bodies, procedures for simplifying communication with citizens and improving the organization and quality of work of local self-government bodies, based on Slovenian positive experience. During the symposium Nis City delegation met and exchanged experiences with representatives of the European Commission Office for Slovenia, the representatives of the Directorate for E-Government and Administrative Processes, the representatives of the Slovenian Chamber of Commerce and the professors of the Faculty of Law of the University of Ljubljana and Maribor.
- The members of the Nis City Council held a series of working meetings with the representatives of the Slovenian business delegation led by Economic Advisor to the Ambassador of Slovenia Janko Pevec, who presented the most important projects for the implementation with which they could compete with EU funds. On that occasion, Nis management presented the projects of our city. The City of Nis will be able to apply for EU funds if it applies together with EU partners.